Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing 19

On this thing, I looked at the tools that had me in mind. I was already familiar with CraigsList, but explored it a little more. The one I really liked was MothersClick. The main feature they had today was meals that last a week. They started with chicken on Monday and gave you five different recipes that could be made with chicken. For a Mom that rarely has time to cook, yes I admit we are fast food junkies, this was nice and very helpful. I can cook all the chicken I would need for the week on Sunday, and have 5 different recipes to use the chicken in. How cool is that?! This site also had a place for Moms to write blogs. I could only read the featured blog but had to register to read more. So I did. This was a free registration. They had different Mom groups: working moms, stay at home moms, single moms, expectant moms, etc. I could designate which Mom group I wanted my information shared with. I don't see how I could use this site in the library. Maybe I could share some of the information I learn, but it's not a site I would give my students access to. It is definately a site I will share with my co-workers.

No comments: