Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing 23

I can't believe I made it!! This has definately been a very challenging experience but so forth it. Doing this in 4 weeks was tuff. I really wished I had more time on each thing to explore. I felt rushed! I do have to admit, I do feel a little more techno savvy.

1. I loved the photostory, trading card, and learning about Flickr. I will be able to use Photostory in my library. I could use it to show the Bluebonnet books, or give the teachers a sneak peek at the book fair. I did have some trouble downloading my photostory to my blog but once I signed up on Switchpod, I was able to put the link in there. I just love the trading card idea. I will be able to use it in so many ways. My students are always needing pictures for projects that we are doing on the computer. Clip art sometimes doesn't have what we need. Flickr will be a great, safe alternative.

2. This has definatley made me more curious. Because I felt rushed in these 4 weeks, I plan on going back and taking in depth looks at the stuff I liked or did not feel comfortable with.

3. I found out real fast I didn't know as much about the web as I thought I did. I figured this exercise would be expanding on what I already knew, but it was a whole new ball game for me. I learned new vocabulary, websites, and of course new tools to use for me, my students, and fellow teachers.

4. I would have liked more of the "In Plain English" videos. Even after reading and going over some the things more than once, I was still confused. Thank goodness I made new friends to call for help-thanks Cheri!

5. I would do this again. Doing it during the school year and taking college classes would be hard for me. I would do it again in the summer but would like to have more time so I could explore further.

6. Challenging, but a great learning experience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did it! Congratulations.