Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing 15

Libraries have definately changed since I was in school. I remember going in, getting the tour of the card catalog and the books. Then after that tour having to wait in line to use the card catalog to find the book I wanted. Heaven forbid I not know the author or correct title. Today's library is so different! With Library 2.0, the information is so easy to find and access. There are more resources and information than the library could ever have all on its shelves. When I become a Librarian, my library won't be an "iceberg". With my knowledge of technology and the resources that my students will have access to, the library will be so much better than I could have ever imagined as a child. My students tell me all the time that I don't look like the librarian type. My response is the library is changing and I am the change it needs.

1 comment:

Technochallenged-Michelle said...

Soaring Eagle,
OMG! Finally someone else who is old enough to remember card catalogs, and you look so young! I think your students will be very fortunate that you will be using a lot of technology & resources in your library. Since you have a junior high background, is that where you are hoping to be placed? It sounds like you would be awesome in that setting.
I am also impressed with how far you are in the 23 Things. Way to go, girl!