Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing 5

I had never heard of Flickr before this course. I found it to be a safer resource for picture searching than the open web. Because I am a Science teacher, I typed in key words dealing with Space, Outer Space, Planets, etc. and got results that, in my opinion, were totally not related to my search. Here is a picture of a planet, according to my search.

Maybe I should have refined my search more, but this is a picture of the Planet London. Pretty and different as it may be, I was looking for a picture of a planet from outer space. I think I just need more practice with this and knowing how to really search for the type of picture I want.

1 comment:

DAL said...

I know what you mean about getting unrelated (or not what I would expect) pictures at Flickr. I had that problem, too. During the Mosaic Maker experience, I typed in Beatles, and got a pair of Beatles boots, a poster, and bunch of pictures of some guy that I didn't recognize!